STUDY GUIDE FOR THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM
1. BAPTISM is the FIRST Sacrament of Initiation.
2. The Ministers of this Sacrament are A PRIEST, BISHOP, OR DEACON.
3. In an Emergency, ANYONE can baptize someone if they BELIEVE.
4. We can only be receiving the Sacrament of Baptism ONCE because we receive a PERMANENT SPIRITUAL MARK.
5. The words we hear during this Sacrament are:
Name, I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and
Of the Holy Spirit.
6. Our Godparents celebrate this Sacrament with us by saying our BAPTISMAL PROMISES.
7. Study the Baptismal Promises handout attached. (know your responses marked R)
Baptism is the sacrament of WELCOME into the Church. At Baptism we receive the Holy Spirit. We are baptized with water. Water is a sign that Jesus shares his new life with us.