1. The Sacrament of Holy Eucharist reminds us of The Last Supper.
2. A Priest is the minister of this Sacrament.
3. The Bread and Wine are the signs/symbols of this Sacrament.
4. The Holy Spirit, through the actions of the priest, changes the
bread and wine into the Body of Christ.
5. The Blessed Sacrament that is not consumed during Mass is kept
in the Tabernacle.
6. A Benediction is a special prayer service in which we honor Jesus
and receive his blessing.
7. Jesus is represented in the Holy Eucharist.
8. The Sacrament of Holy Eucharist completes our studies of the
Sacraments of Initiation.
9. Each time we receive Holy Communion Jesus draws us close to
himself and to one another.
10. We believe that at every Mass, through Holy Communion, Jesus
offers himself for us as he did on the Cross.
11. During the Consecration, the Priest, on behalf of Jesus, says
“Do this in remembrance of Me” after changing the bread and wine
into the Body and Blood of Jesus.
12. The Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ under the
appearance of bread and wine.
13. A Monstrance is the metal container that holds the sacred host for
14. The Holy Eucharist is also known as: Holy Communion,
Blessed Sacrament, Body and Blood of Christ and Thanksgiving.