Well boys and girls, it's one of my favorite times of the year! My chance to give my new students a call to say hi and see how your Summer has been! I am so excited to have each of you in my class this year and can't wait to talk to you! After I speak to each of you, I'll make sure to post what you want me to share so that we can all catch up on all the Summer news! So here goes:
1. Tonight (7/31) I got to speak with Olivia and she said that she's been having a great Summer so far and plans on closing out the Summer with even more wonderful fun with her family and friends! She's been to the beach three times so far and she and her family plan at least two more trips before school starts! Olivia's also been having a lot of fun playing with her friends! She's been swimming a lot this Summer both at the LMT pool and at her Grandmom's! Olivia also want you all to know that she is very excited to be in 2nd grade and can't wait for school to start! Her favorite subject is reading and she told me that she has already filled up her Summer Reading Log! Way to go, Olivia! I am so proud of you! Enjoy the rest of your Summer and I'll see you on Meet Your Teacher Day!
2. Andrew said to say hi and that he is very excited to go back to school and be with everyone! He has been having a very busy Summer working very hard on his Summer work, playing with his friends and playing games on his tablet (especially Minecraft!)! Andrew also has some fantastic news to share! He has been taking swimming lessons and has passed through Level 1 and has moved onto Level 2! Congratulations Andrew! We are all very proud of you!
3. Update time - Margaret has been having a very exciting Summer! She's been to Florida, the Beach, and soon will be taking a trip with her family to Amish Country in Lancaster! Also, she's been doing a lot of swimming in Rebecca's Grandparent's pool and did her first back somersault! Way to go Margaret! Margaret also wanted me to share that she has been very busy with her garden! She's growing carrots, peas, tomatoes and Giant Sunflowers! There is a little problem though - a very hungry Groundhog has been helping itself to her ripe tomatoes (what a little stinker!)! She has also been doing a lot of reading and her favorite series are the Rainbow Magic and Magic Attic books! Margaret, I am very impressed with how good you are at retelling a story! Also, we can all be very proud of Margaret! With the help of her mom, she has been baking blueberry muffins and brownies and she has donated the money from her sales to the World Wildlife Foundation!
4. Caitlyn wanted me to share that she has been having a very fun and busy Summer! She and her family have been going to the pool a lot this Summer and have taken some trips to North Wildwood where she got to spend time on the beach and on the Boardwalk! Caitlyn also just finished attending Girl Scout Camp where she got to take part in numerous science workshops! She even made shampoo! She is very excited to get back to school but not quite yet!
5. Edward has also had a very fun and busy Summer and has some exciting news to share! He has been taking Swimming lessons and went off the Diving Board for the first time! Way to go, Edward! He has also been riding his bike along the canal and has been to Sesame Place! He is excited for school to start but isn't quite ready to leave Summer behind just yet! Don't worry Edward - you still have 3 weeks of Summer left! See you on Meet Your Teacher Day!
6. Julia is having a fun Summer going to the beach and attending Summer Camp! At camp, she gets to take swimming lessons and also have free swim time! She also went to Knoebel's and jumped off both the low and high diving boards! She is very excited that she also did a flip off the low board! Awesome job, Julia! Julia also has some very exciting news to share! She and her family got a new Pitbull dog named Honey! She was a birthday present for Julia's Mom! What a cool gift!!
7. Rebecca is very excited to get back to school and has some very exciting news to share with all of us! Not only has she been having a fun and busy Summer going to swimming at her Grandparents and finishing an entire Reading List but she also got to go to the beach at Ocean City where she got to see a shark up close! Also, she earned a Karate promotion and now holds an Orange Belt! Rebecca, we are all so very proud of all of you and this major accomplishment! See you soon!
8. Cara's Summer has been very busy! She's been playing with her friends and has gone to Williamsburg where she said the best part was going on the water slides at the Water Park! She has also been going down to her shore house in Wildwood! In fact she and her family are leaving this afternoon to go back down for a few days! Have fun Cara! Cara's cousin Nathan is visiting from Colorado and they are enjoying some great times together! She's very excited to get back to school and hopes to see everyone on Meet Your Teacher Day!
9. Hello from Ryan! He has been having a great Summer visiting his Grandmom in Cape Cod and has some exciting news to share! He and his family are looking for a new home and will tell us all about it when we see him! He is also very excited to announce that soon he will be welcoming a new baby brother into the family! Ryan also is very excited to say that he has been working very hard on his Summer work both in Math and Reading! He is very excited to return to school and see everyone! Take care Ryan and we can't wait to hear all about your house hunting and your new brother!
10. Jack is very excited to get back to school but first, he's going to Canada to visit Niagra Falls! He's been having a fantastic Summer so far! He has been to Philadelphia where he got to see Ben Franklin's grave, Betsy Ross' house and the Constitution Center! He has also been down to Virginia a few times to visit with his Grandparents! As we all know, Jack loves sports and got to play a lot of kickball when he was at Camp at Bucks Gym! He has also been doing a lot of reading and said to say that his favorite book so far was "Mr. Klutz is Nutz"! Well, we'll see you soon Jack but until then enjoy your trip to Niagra Falls so you can tell us all about it when school begins!
11. Hi from Xyrus! He has been having a very fun and exciting Summer! It started out with an extended visit from his Grandparents and cousins from the Philippines! He has been keeping very busy this Summer playing at the Playground, Hiking, Boating and swimming in his pool! The Summer also included trips to Washington, D.C. where he got to see the Lincoln Memorial, The Washington Monument and the White House! He is very excited to get back to school and see everyone!
12. Lauren also says hi and wants you to know that she has been having a great Summer so far! She has been very busy going swimming every day! She goes to the NAC each day and the LMT pool on the weekends! Her Summer has also included some fun trips! She went on a cruise to Italy, France and Spain and had a great time! Her favorite country was Spain! She also has been to Florida to visit her cousins and to Hershey Park! A great memory from her Summer was her birthday party at the NAC when she got to have the entire pool all to herself and her friends!
13. Louie is having a great Summer! He has been playing with his friends and even ran into Marco and McKenna! He spent a day with Matthew at the Briarwood Day Camp and went to a party for Luke's Mom! He's been to the LMT pool a lot and gone on vacation to Brigantine Beach! He is very excited to be a 2nd Grader and can't wait to see everyone! He says that his favorite subject is Math and that he loved doing the TenMarks Summer work! Louie is also excited to share two important things with us: First, his sister Francesca turned 1 and they had a party for her and second is that his brother Dominic starts Kindergarten this year! Right now, he's not quite ready for Summer to end because he is having fun with his cousins who are visiting from Texas!
14. Tyler is very excited to get back to school and see everyone! He has been having a very busy Summer going to Camp every day and playing with his friends! He even got to go to California to visit his aunt and got to go to Legoland!
15. Caitlin is having a "Really" good Summer! She has been going on lots of trips! Her favorites so far have been to Florida and 6 Flags and soon she'll be going to visit Niagra Falls! She has also been going swimming at the LMT pool and is very proud to tell everyone that she is very proud of her sister who has won a lot of ribbons and medals for her swimming talents on the swim team! Another cool thing is that Caitlin will be starting soccer soon and can't wait! When she was on a team in Florida, they won every game including the Championship! Way to go Caitlin and your teammates! Caitlin also wants to let you know that she is very excited to get back to school to see everyone!
16. Well, I got to talk with Peter Henry today and he said that he is very excited to get back to school! In fact, his backpack has been packed for a month now! His favorite subject is Reading and right now is on Chapter 9 of Jaguar Jewel! He is aso working with his Mom on his math and is doing really well! Peter-Henry has had an awesome first summer in his Yardley home. He moved up to level three in swimming, and took third place in the Princeton Judo Tournament. Boy, Peter Henry we are sure so proud of you and your accomplishments! He has also been to the Point Pleasant Boardwalk where he had a ton of fun and won lots of prizes including 10 stuffed animals! He is also very excited for his little brother Gabriel who starts Kindergarten this year!
17. Hello from Marco! He has been having a Great Summer full of fun and daring things! He has been playing outside and going to the LMT pool. His vacations have been very exciting! He went to Sea Isle City in the beginning of the Summer and just got back from The Adirondacks! I have some really exciting news to tell you about Marco's Summer: He climbed 3 out of the 46 Adirondack's High Peaks and even jumped off Rock Island (about as high as the high dive at the LMT pool)! Way to go, Marco! He even has a picture to share with us once school starts! He is also very excited because his sister is having her 16th Birthday party tomorrow! Happy 16th Birthday Arianna!
18. Well here is some exciting news: Luke just got a new puppy named Louie! Louie is a Coton De Tulear and is a cute white fluffy sweetheart! As if Luke's Summer hasn't been exciting enough, he also go to spend time on vacation at Ocean City! He has also been playing with his friends and going to the pool! Luke is very excited to get back to school and can't wait to see everyone!
19. Daniel is very excited for school to begin so that he can see everyone! He has had a very busy Summer! He has been practicing his Martial Arts and going to Great Adventure and he just got back from Cape Cod where he got to spend some time with his grandparents and the rest of his extended family! While he was there, he had a lot of fun! He got to go on a Speed Boat ride and attend Shark Camp where he made a shark tooth necklace! Daniel has also been doing a lot of swimming this Summer! He was on the Brookside Swim Team and starting next week will be joining the George School Swim Team! Way to go Daniel! Daniel has some exciting news to share: He is very proud to announce that his brother Andrew and sister Meagan both made it to the Junior Olympics in Swimming and competed at Penn State! Wow! One more thing to share: Daniel just had a birthday last week and turned "8" ! Happy Birthday, Daniel!
20. Well Matthew and I finally got to talk about his Summer and boy am I glad! He had a fantastic Summer full of fun! He began the Summer going on day trips and then to Summer Camp! Recently, he spent time in Florida where he got to go to the beach every day and his aunts treated him to ice cream from an Ice Cream Truck on the beach! He was so excited to be staying at a hotel with an indoor pool and a slide where he got to go really fast by sliding down on his back! Another fun thing that he did was visit NASA! It was the best! He also went fishing and his uncle caught a really big "Jack" fish and it tasted really good! His dad caught a "Permit" fish and he was the big winner catching 3 fish! One last thing that is very exciting to share - Matthew learned how to ride a 2-wheeler and got to go on his very first Mom and Matthew bike ride along the canal! Way to go, Matthew!