It is hard to believe that it is already December, the year is certainly moving quickly. With that said we still have a lot to accomplish before the end of the year. I am writing to make you aware of some very important information and upcoming dates.
I have just completed the recommendations and sent records to Notre Dame high school. I will continue to work on the next group of recommendations according to the due dates. When the report cards are processed and printed I will send copies to all the high schools your children have applied too. If you are no longer applying to a school, please notify me so I don' t send unnecessary copies of report cards to the high schools. When a decision has been made as to which high school you children will attend please notify me so I can continue the process required by the high schools as the year continues. I am required to send the final grade records, medical records and in some cases evaluations regarding language and math courses. These language and math forms will be completed by the appropriate teachers. I also respectively request that you notify any high school you no longer are considering, as they will have other students on a waiting list hoping to be accepted. When a student receives a scholarship, please make a copy of this letter,(even if the student is not attending that school) and send in to me so your child can be acknowledged at graduation and in print.
1. Please sign and send in the permission slips for our service trip to Grey Nun this Wednesday Dec. 9th at 1:15. I am looking for one or two more chaperones to help out at this event. We are focusing on Christmas during our visit. Students can wear green or red Christmas colors with jeans. No Shorts. Thank you to all the students who work so hard to prepare this program, which the residents truly enjoy. This is a wonderful opportunity for them to live out virtue of kindness which we are practicing this month.
2. We are attending the 9 AM Mass each Tuesday during advent and you are most welcome to join us if your schedule allows.
3. The Christmas party for the 8th and 1 st grade prayer partners is on December 21 st Monday at about 1:45 in the cafeteria. The room mothers Mrs. Twomey and Mrs. Cauley will be coordinating with the first grade parents to organize this event A gift exchange with be held for about $ 10.00 with their partners. More information from the room mother will be upcoming.
4. Mr. Merrick sent an e- mail requesting a Christmas picture of you child both when a baby or toddler and from the present. These pictures are due Dec. 9th in order for Mr. Merrick to compile the video for the concert.
5. The Christmas concert is on Monday Dec. 14th , when the students will perform the song "Grown up Christmas list" while the video is being shown. The students can wear any color (solid) shirt, jeans and sneakers as directed by Mrs. Schauder.
6. The students all agreed that they would like to create and present the Jesse Tree Project to the younger grades. This has become a tradition for the 8th graders and will also be a graded assignment. They did a great job creating the symbols, explaining the concept of the Jesse Tree and answering questions. Only two groups need to complete their presentations as each group had a sick member.
7.The students enjoy spending time with their prayer partners and will continue to do a variety of activities with them throughout the year. The concluding event will be the Ice Cream social at the end of the year. I continue to impress upon them that the first graders look up to them and they need to be positive role models.
8. Santa's secret shop is scheduled for this week and the 8th grade will be scheduled to shop on Tuesday Dec. 8th at 10:10 .
Some students may also be helping the younger students at some point as well.
9. The student council will be acting as St Nicholas helpers on Monday(a day late) for grades PreK to 4 with a candy treat. There is also a Student Council / Jr. National Honor society meeting on Monday 12/7 at 3:30
10. I will be organizing our class trip for The end of year in the near future with the travel agent. One of my thoughts is to see an
Appropriate Broadway show if New York is our destination. This could affect the cost of the trip so please let me know your thoughts on the matter. I will come up with a few locates and events and then let the students and families give their input.
In the past we traveled to New York, Annopolis/Baltimore and Washington for this trip.
My intention is to have a happy, healthy, fun filled remainder of the year with the full cooperation of all students.Thank you for your cooperation in advance and feel free to contact me with any questions.
I hope that you and your families have a Blessed and Prayerful Advent season in preparation for the coming of Christ child.