I am writing with a few reminders and updates concerning upcoming events.
1. Spring pictures are next week on 4/20. The 8th grade will be taking their picture in their Graduation Robes which are a Maroon color (like their uniform shirts) A class picture will also be taken at 9:45 by Mr Iannacone on the Church steps.Therefore they need to come to school wearing the following)
BOYS: White dress shirt with an appropriate tie that will go well with the robe, Dress pants,(school pants ok if clean and pressed), Dress shoes if possible. The boys can bring an extra shirt to change into after the picture.
Girls: The robe does not have a collar and has a "V" neck so they need to be careful what they wear underneath. A lace front camisole would give a nice appearance, They should wear a dress or skirt and top underneath the robe. If you have a question regarding what to wear please contact me.Girls can also bring in a change of clothes in order to protect their outfits.
The students will be wearing the robe for May Procession, Graduation Mass, and, as already stated, for the Spring picture.
2. Class Trip; I am still waiting to hear from the travel agent regarding the trip scheduled May 20 Friday. She is working a three different possible trips, New York, Washington DC, and Annapolis/ Baltimore. The cost will be determined by the number of parents and students that attend. Therefore, as many parents that can attend will be needed to defray the cost and to properly supervise the students. Any parent wishing to attend must have the proper clearances from the rectory. The ideal situation would be for no more then two students with each chaperone. This does not mean that groups of students and parents can't travel together, simply that the parents with the students need to stay together. In this day and age when incidents occur beyond our control, we need to be careful. I am also required by the diocese and the rectory to send home a permission slip, even if the parent is attending the trip.
3. May Queen compositions due Friday 4/22.
4. May Procession Practice 2:30 Thursday 5/12
5. May Procession 7 PM Thursday 5/12 Students will wear robes, same as picture.
6. Students are coming to school without supplies, like pens, pencils, highlighters, loose leaf. Please refresh these supplies so they are prepared for classes.
7. Please continue to check Option C grades we are well into the 3rd Trimester.
8. Please remind the students that homework should be completed at home unless there is an emergency.
9. I have still not received confirmation from all parents as to what school your child will be attending, in order to send the final records I will need this information. The final report grades, health records and diocesan reports need to be forward to the correct school. Some schools but NOT ALL high schools have a separate final request for records form that needs to be signed and sent to my attention. Parents need to check with the high school if your already signed this form when you applied. If you did sign the form then the high school will send them to me in May or June.
10. Being prepared for class is very important to the learning process, therefore students should have all books and materials packed before leaving homeroom. Each day the schedule is put on the board, therefore everyone has the opportunity to check their books and be prepared for class. Students having to return to homeroom for books disturbs the class I'm teaching and may prevent the student from hearing directives being given in their absence from their class.
11. Mrs. Di has directed that morning (8:15-8:30) and afternoon (3:05-3:30) should be a quiet time. This enables the students to pack for the day in the morning. Pack for going home,making sure that they have all materials they need, and don't miss their buses.
The students need to continue to follow the rules and regulations of all classroom teachers. Their cooperation will help to make the day move smoothly and their education to progress, making sure that all required curriculum is covered.
I will send home the trip information as soon as the tour guide provides me the information.
God Bless You and Your Families,